And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to be full. Psalms 78:24-25

February 01, 2010

Pasta Alla Cece

This is another recipe from Pantry Principles. Once again, I forgot to get a picture of it, sorry.
4 c cooked garbanzo/lima beans
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1 can black olives, quartered (I used sliced)
1 Tbsp capers (optional)
2 Tbps olive oil
2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
plenty of fresh ground pepper
salt to taste
1 c chicken broth
32 oz. crushed tomatoes (I used diced)
1/2 c chopped parsley
1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
Start a pot water boiling add the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, saute the garlic and red peppers in the olive oil. Add the beans, thyme, salt and pepper continuing to saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the broth, artichokes, olives, capers, and tomatoes. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir in the parsely and top with Parmesan cheese. (I left them seperate, just for my kids sake... I did want them to eat and not turn up their noses).

No comments: